Contact Boise Rescue Mission Ministries
To get in touch with Boise Rescue Mission Ministries or one of our facilities, please use the information below. We look forward to hearing from you!
General Mail or Donations
Boise Rescue Mission Ministries
PO Box 1494
Boise, ID 83701
1. Night Shift Manager: River of Life Men’s Shelter in downtown Boise is currently looking for a full-time, reliable night shift manager five nights a week, including weekends. Must be motivated, a quick learner, and able to think on your feet, plus follow instructions carefully. Duties include intake and orientation for new and returning guests, resource assistance, security, janitorial, filing and other administrative duties. You will also be providing individual case management for homeless programs and assisting our guests with various needs. In addition, employees also participate in various fund-raising events throughout the year.
We are a FAITH-BASED non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Boise area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God. Also, we are a tobacco-free and drug-free workplace.
-General computer skills
-Efficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. . .).
-Must possess excellent inter-personal skills (be able to deal with extremely challenging people on a daily basis)
-Excellent communication skills
-Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
-Capable of working as a part of a team
-Maintain proper personal boundaries among the homeless guests we serve
-Provide occasional security
-Flexible scheduling (may have to cover other shifts)
We are here to serve our guests with their needs to the best of our ability, and applicants must be VERY good with people, patient and understanding. This is a demanding job, but is a rewarding position with room for advancement for the right disciplined individual! Experience with social work or the homeless is a plus, but not required. Background checks are performed.
Reliable transportation and a clean driving record is required, as the job does require occasional driving of company vehicles. Insurance benefits, sick time and vacation time available!
Please e-mail your resume along with a cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. God bless you!
2. House Manager: The House Manager oversees and assists guests staying in our emergency shelters for homeless women and children. This position requires the ability to communicate with other staff members both verbally and in writing. Some shifts also include data entry. All positions require basic computer knowledge. Duties include:
- Ensuring the safety of the guests.
- Interacting with guests in a positive, compassionate manner.
- Assisting with checking the guests in for the evening or helping them leave for the day.
- Overseeing completion of chores by guests.
- Completing staff duties which include making lunches, doing laundry, general cleaning of the facilities, restocking supplies and clothing, etc.
If interested, please complete an Employment Application and email to email@example.com, or mail to Julie Jones, BRMM, P.O. Box 1494, Boise, ID 83701.
River of Life Men’s Shelter
575 S. 13th St.
Boise, ID 83702
City Light Home for Women & Children
1404 W. Jefferson St.
Boise, ID 83702
308 S. 24th St.
Boise, ID 83702
Lighthouse Men’s Shelter
304 16th Ave. North
Nampa, ID 83687
Valley Women & Children’s Shelter
869 W. Corporate Lane
Nampa, ID 83651